Laura Lowell is a professional speaker, author and consultant who helps individuals and companies be heard in crowded spaces. She has more than 20 years experience in branding, marketing and entrepreneurship which she has applied to her own businesses, as well as her clients.
As President of Impact Marketing Group, she works with Start-Ups and Fortune 100 companies on strategies to launch new products and ideas into the market. As the Founder and Executive Editor of the 42Rules book series she has helped scores of individuals write, publish and market their own books. She is the author of the Amazon.com best seller 42 Rules of Marketing, and author of two other books 42 Rules for Working Moms and #My Brand Tweet.
During her 20+ year career, Laura worked for Hewlett-Packard where she was the Director of Worldwide Consumer Marketing Communications with responsibility for planning and implementing integrating marketing campaigns across all HP consumer product lines. Earlier in her career, Laura spent several years at Intel Corporation where she was on the start-up team that developed and implemented the Intel Inside branding program. A degree in International Relations prepared her for work assignments in Hong Kong and London, after which she received her MBA from UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business with an emphasis on marketing and entrepreneurship.
In 2009, Laura and her family moved to Spain for a year. The goal was to expose her two daughters to the world beyond Silicon Valley – to the languages, culture and history of the world. They returned to their home in Los Gatos CA.
Laura offers customized speeches, workshops and break-out sessions. She combines the concepts of personal branding, career development and work-life balance in a unique way that drives people to take action towards building a life that supports their personal and professional goals. Her talks cover the following topics:
- Build Your Brand. Build Your Life. The idea of personal branding has taken on a life of its own. The problem is that many of us have forgotten why the brand is important. This topic focuses on helping employees, members or consultants align their expertise and their passion with the goals of the organization. Laura focuses on helping individuals build personal brands and supporting lifestyles that give them what they need personally and professionally. Based on the book #My Brand Tweet.
- Can I Have My Life Back? The Rules for Work-Life Balance. For anyone trying to balance the demands of work and family. Attendees learn from working parents all over the world, and from all walks of life, the rules they use to keep themselves sane. Laura shares the successes and failures of parenting so you don’t have to repeat the same mistakes. Based on the book 42 Rules for Working Moms.
- No Matter What Your Business, Your Job is Marketing. For small businesses and start-ups to independent professionals who work as part of a large corporation, these rules are proven to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your marketing activities, while having a good time doing it. Based on the Amazon best selling book 42 Rules of Marketing.
- The New Rules of Publishing. Writing a book builds credibility and sets you apart in a competitive business environment. Attendees learn how to decide if writing a book is right for them and the role a book can play in their strategic branding & marketing mix. Laura Lowell, the founder of the Amazon best selling book series, 42Rules, and author of several books including the Amazon bestseller “42 Rules for Marketing” will share the new rules of publishing, best practices on book marketing, and how timing can affect your success.
- California Small Business Success Conference
- CIEP Gregorio Maranon, Malaga, Spain
- Dress for Success Professionals Women’s Group
- Invent Your Future
- Microsoft Women in Business Conference
- San Francisco State University
- Santa Cruz Women’s Leadership Forum
- Small Business Development Corp
- SV Product Management Association
- Turner Corporation Professional Women’s Group
- UC Berkeley Haas School of Business Women In Leadership Conference
- Universidad de Malaga, Spain
- Women In Consulting
What’s Included When You Hire Laura
- Pre-event introduction call focused on your audience and their interests.
- Relevant books as a giveaway for all attendees (customization is available).
- Book signing after the event.
- Post-event coaching for individuals
- Post-event wrap-up call with organizers
Why Work With Laura?
- Increased engagement with your target audience with relevant, actionable and entertaining information.
- Higher recall of the information presented using the related book and supporting materials.
- Specific follow-up activities for your employees or members.
“Laura’s insights into personal branding along with her examples and stories help our employees really understand the role of personal branding within our organization. The books we gave away were a huge hit!”
– Sandy Kuo, Chairperson, Microsoft’s Women in Business Conference
“Laura was a fantastic moderator for the work/life balance panel. She manage the discussion while involving the audience and keeping the pace moving. Her energy was infectious.”
– Meg Roundy, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
“Laura was the keynote speaker for the 2010 Santa Cruz Women’s Leadership Conference. She was outstanding – prepared, engaging, inspiring and a pleasure to work with.”
– Bill Tysseling, Executive Director, Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce
“Laura was an inspiration to the Turner Professional Women’s Group. Her ideas had a significant impact on the culture and work environment.”
– Tina Smith, Chairperson, Turner Professional Women’s Group
“This was the most inspiring hour of the event.”
– Delia P., Audience member of the Dress For Success Professional Women’s Group In San Francisco
“I learned more in this workshop than any other in recent memory.”
– Susan G., Audience member at an SVPMA Personal Branding Workshop
Consultant, Speaker and best selling Author
laura (at) impact-mg (dot) com